Sunday, December 19, 2010
2. Ditch handsome husband and children in the rain storm, run inside to young women's and realize that we're 15 minutes late...CHECK
3. Listen to the rest of the wonderful Christmas lesson and hear three wonderful girls bear powerful testimony of the church and our Savior and momentarily feel that wonderful true Christmas spirit!...CHECK
4. Baby B aka Brayden gets kicked out of Nursery because he's SO tired--spend Sunday School hour in nursery with both boys...CHECK
5. Leave nursery and look for previously mentioned handsome husband who has the diaper bag, walk around the halls with both boys holding one of my hands--best feeling ever--and being such good/sweet boys...CHECK
6. Change stinky diaper and finally sit down in Sacrament meeting surrounded by family who had come to listen to all of us sing--hubby, sister, mom, and I were all in the program...CHECK
7. Baby A aka Walker pukes his guts out just as the Bishop stands to welcome everyone to church--that would be an entire bottle of EggNog...CHECK
8. Rush around frantically trying to clean puke without anyone noticing...CHECK
9. Escape to the hall with Baby A to change him and try my hardest not to burst into tears...CHECK
10. Sissy and I jump in the car and take both boys home, I run back to church--in the biggest rain/wind storm ever and make it just in time to hear handsome hubby sing an amazingly beautiful song, handsome hubby leaves post haste to relieve sissy who makes it back with seconds to spare to sing with mom in a beautiful womens "trio", and I sing a somewhat rushed version of a great song about our Savior because my mind cannot slow down...CHECK
11. I sit back and finally sing the closing song and am overcome by the love of my Savior and my family--how blessed am I to have family to help me every Sunday and who love, support, and give unconditionally--as crazy as our hour and twenty minute Sacrament meeting was for us I truly feel the joy and spirit of Christmas...CHECK
12. Spend the rest of the day snuggling with handsome husband on the couch while boys play on the floor and watch Christmas movies...CHECK
13. Thank my Heavenly Father before falling into bed for giving me the two most wonderful blessings I could have ever asked for--while our lives are rarely boring we would not trade the craziness for anything in the world!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Sunday and that you got to enjoy your program a bit more than we did! Merry Christmas!
Monday, November 15, 2010
A sweet story about the boys--Saturday night Joe and I were making spaghetti together while the boys were playing, they came in the kitchen and asked for bottles and after I made them both a bottle they dispapeered and got very quiet, I came around the corner to check on them and they had climbed up on the couch, pulled a blanket up over them, and were just sitting together on the couch drinking their bottles. They are best friends and I LOVE it!
One more story about the boys--they found Joe's remote control R2D2 toy and figured out how to work it...they passed the remote back and forth a few times before they got it working but I was just amazed that they could actually work it! They're such smart boys!
We are loving our new place and keeping busy getting everything organized! For anyone wondering we are still in CP and didn't move very far, we are even still in the same ward!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
As excited as I am I just can't find the motivation to get things done--it's a bit overwhelming to pack for two 18 month olds for a week...here's what the math looks like
Honestly I don't know how all of you mother's do it--or how my mom did it with 4 kids for so many years...I guess I'll find out eventually...but for today I'll stick to packing for 3...wish me luck!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
18 months ago, Joseph and I became parents and changed from a couple to a family
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
The girls minus two--turning Chloe into a mermaid
One of the saddest things about the boys getting bigger is we've cut off all their sweet baby curls...we were getting lots of mullet comments so we decided it was time! They look so grown up now!I suprised Joe and took him to Six Flags for his 26th bday! We had a great day riding roller coasters and hanging out just the two of us!
Auntie Caitlin had our cousins Payton and Brooklyn with her for a whole day last week and they came to spend it with Walker and Brayden, the girls swam while the boys napped, they colored and blew bubbles with the boys frosted cupcakes, played outside, and ate pigs in a blanket--the boys love playing with the girls!
Walker and Brayden absolutely LOVE coloring right now...while they do eat the ocassional crayon they will color for hours!
Oh bummer, these pictures are sideways, but they love to pull our curtains around and play peek a boo behind them while they eat...I end up having to wash the curtains every few days but they giggle so sweetly its worth it!
Monday, July 12, 2010
3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Mix dry ingredients and add:
1 c. oil
2/3 c. water
2 c. pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Prepare muffin tins by greasing with vegetable oil or butter and sprinkling lightly with flour. Shake out excess.
Fill muffin tins three-quarters full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
This picture canvas was my idea, I bought the canvas on clearance at Target and just painted over it, added the pictures and bought the letters for $.99 at Target as well! I love the way it turned out, I also made one for my mom with her other Grandkids on it as well!
The idea for photo blocks is here
They turned out super cute, I painted them blue for my mom and did black and white pics on them, I'll get a pic asap!
One other thing I made recently for the boys are these awesome no sew capes
they literally took me five minutes to make both, and the boys love them! They came from old shirts of Josephs! They're a little big for now--I've been searching for small Superman shirts at thrift stores so they can be real super hero capes!