Friday, September 17, 2010

18 months ago...

18 months ago yesterday I was busy growing my two little angels...little did I know my water would break that night and I would have my two sweet boys 5 weeks ahead of schedule!18 months ago today Heavenly Father sent these sweet boys into Joseph and I's lives and everyday since then has been a wonderful adventure!
18 months ago, Joseph and I became parents and changed from a couple to a family
6 months ago we celebrated these sweet little guys 1st birthday--and the fact that Joseph and I had survived as parents for a year!
Today I woke up to the sound of my babies playing and giggling at eachother...as usual one of them was covered in poop--such smart boys getting their dirty diapers off--they played in the bath for an hour, we had breakfast, we played some games, we danced and sang at the top of our lungs, I chased them upstairs and they are now slumbering sweetly...
It is days like today when I know how blessed I am to be a mother and to have such wonderful children...
It's somewhat bizarre going from 2 to 4 in a matter of nine months...there were day when I was pregnant that I thought how in the world will I care for and love two children at once--I remember worrying that I might love one more than the other or that I wouldn't have time to play with both of them each day--
I can truly say that I LOVE being a mother--I treasure each moment I have with my little guys...even the poop filled ones!
I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by and how big Walker and Brayden are already--I hope that I always remember these moments and make time for more moments throughout their lives!
And there is no way I could talk about the last 18 months without saying how wonderful Joseph has been as a husband and father--he is such a natural with the boys and they absolutely adore him! They talk about him all day while he is gone and giggle and sit with him when he gets home--
I love you Joseph--thanks for being the best!

3 comments:

Larry & AnnMarie said...

Congrats mommy Kira! Sad that they grow so fast!

In a nut shell... said...

aww.. they're getting so big!

The Nasmans said...

You are such a good mom! I love this post; it makes me so excited! So glad you are doing well!