Sunday, March 29, 2009


Left: Brayden Matthew Carlson
Weight 4 pounds 8 ounces
Length 17 3/4
Right: Walker Joseph Carlson
Weight 4 pounds 11 ounces
Length 16 1/4
Walker Joseph was born at 9:04pm on March 20, 2009 and by regular delivery
Brayden Matthew was born at 9:20pm on March 20, 2009 by c-section as he turned feet down after Walker was born.
They were both born without any complications but because they were 5 full weeks early they were taken to the NICU at UC Davis in Sacramento to be monitored and taken care of by the wonderful nurses and doctors there. Because I had just woken up from my c-section I didn't get to hold them before they left but they brought both boys in to see me in their isolets and let me talk to them and touch them before they left. They both ended up a little bit jaundice but did very well under the bili lights. I spent the first three days away from them recovering at Marshall hospital in Placerville but Joseph spent as much time as he could with them in the NICU. I was released on Monday afternoon and my Mom took me straight down to see the boys. They were discharged yesterday after just a week in the NICU and the doctors are very happy with how well they did! We are now home and happy to be a little family of four! Because they are still premature they aren't allowed to have any visitors except family until their due date April 22. We are so happy to be home with our little boys and feel so blessed that everything has gone so well! It still seems so sureal that they really are ours and that we're a little family now but everything has been wonderful so far and we're treasuring every single minute! I stole these pictures from my mom but will put up more from my camera soon!
Our first family picture the first time I got to hold Walker(Left) and Brayden(Right) Walker and Brayden sleeping at home!
With Auntie Caitlin
Aren't they sweet...Walker and Brayden

5 comments:

In a nut shell... said...

They're so precious! I can't believe how tiny they are and they are oh so cute!!!

Shannon said...

Congrats Kira! I've been hovering here waiting to see when you'd have those babies for a while now, and I'm so glad they're here!

Shannon*

Brittney said...

They are beautiful. I want to be in cali so bad so i can just hug and kiss em!

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Kira, that is great! They are so cute too!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! How wonderful it must be to have 2 little bundles of joy! :-) They are so adorable!