Sunday, April 25, 2010

What I've been doing instead of laundry...

I have recently been sucked in to the wonderful world of crafting blogs...most people who know me know that I am not crafty at all...I do love scrapbooking but that has been where my talent ended. While my younger sister learned to cook and sew I got a lot of practice flirting with boys--he,he--anyways, I have recently decided that I want to make all sorts of things and have found lots of blogs with some very fun stuff! I have wasted many evenings, not sleeping, but bookmarking blogs with different things I want to make...I have been making something about once a week, so here are my creations--don't judge me too harshly I'm still learning--and where I got the ideas! Enjoy!


Super cute placemat clutch...got the placemat at goodwill for $1 and the liner also at goodwill for $.50, I have so many other ones to make--this is not my favorite colors or patern but it was a trial run....idea from



Scrappy magnets--taking the magnets you get in the mail or from the pizza place and simply gluing cute scrapbook paper over them--such a fun idea! I got cute paper on clearance at Michael's yesterday a little pack for $.25 and the cute stickers for $.25 as well! Idea from...


Spring/flower centerpiece for my table--made this from random scraps of paper around the house, a $.25 mason jar from snowline hospice, and the sticks holding the flowers up are from my fondue pot! Made in about 20 minutes just after laying the boys down for their nap one day and before getting in the shower! I love it, it brightens up my room! Idea from... http://www.tipjunkie.com/
Made an awesome brown sugar body scrub for a friend for her bday, I added stress relief aromatherapy and it smelled wonderful! This was so easy to make and we have been picking up jars at thrift stores between $.25 and $.99 to make more!
Idea from...
here it is before it was all wrapped up!
I am having so much fun making things, and I have many more things that I am dying to make! I guess I just needed to get started, the crafting bug does run in my family! If you like crafting check out some of the blogs I listed...my favorite is that some of them list the project time in nap times...ie-this is about a 1 nap project, or 1/2 nap project...makes me happy!
And just becuase they're by far the cutest thing I've ever made, here's a pic of the boys!
They're holding hands while eating lunch...I love how sweet they are to eachother, they are definitely best friends!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That centerpiece is adorable, I love it! I bet life is getting a little easier for you now that you have time to do things like this. There's always that moment when you go, "Ah-ha, there is life after having a baby!" (Or two in your case.) I can't believe it's been a year already. Good job Mom.

Kristen said...

You are so cute! I love your projects - I think I'll have to try a few of them out myself! :)

In a nut shell... said...

The picture of the boys holding hands makes me want twins! They are so precious!