Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On the brink of VACATION!!

So, I am PROCRASTINATING...I should be packing for Pismo but my brain is already in vacation mode...our family goes to Pismo once a year--this year my grandparents have rented a beach front house that we can all fit in and we get to spend a week relaxing!
As excited as I am I just can't find the motivation to get things done--it's a bit overwhelming to pack for two 18 month olds for a week...here's what the math looks like
for 1 child most people say pack 2-3 outfits per day: 14-21 outfits

we need pj's for every night because we usually wet through at least one set per night: 7 pj's for 1 child

x's by 2: 42-56 outfits total

plus

at least 2 sweaters per child, 1 coat per child

2 pairs of socks per child per day: 28 pairs of socks

2 pairs of shoes per child/2 pairs sandals per child...

7 sheets per child--refer back to wet diapers in the night--we usually change the sheets once a day...actually I just read that...who in their right mind has 14 pack-n-play sheets not me--looks like we'll be washing sheets!

2 pack-n-plays

2 booster seats

1 double stroller...

good thing we're taking the truck!

All adding up to 1 momma who should definetely be packing instead of blogging...

btw don't judge me for my spelling, I'm a fairly good speller but have never been able to spell the word definetely right...it's like a mental block, go figure!
Honestly I don't know how all of you mother's do it--or how my mom did it with 4 kids for so many years...I guess I'll find out eventually...but for today I'll stick to packing for 3...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a lucky mama you are! I am trying not to be envious.

That is so funny- "definitely" is such a commonly mispelled word. There, now you have the correct spelling. Happy vacationing!

Kira said...

Lisa, I "definitely" appreciate you helping me out there!
I joke about the work to get us on vacation but I agree I am a lucky mama--we are so excited!