Saturday, January 29, 2011

5 Year Anniversary!


We celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage on January 7th!
So, here's 5 things you may or may not know about Joseph and I...

1. On our first date--which I thought was a date but apparently Joseph didn't--there was another girl who thought she was also on a date with Joseph...lucky for me I charmed Joseph by chugging a full Dr. Pepper in 16 seconds flat and burping louder than any other boy in our group...yup I was a charmer!
2. The day of our first "date" I told my friend Ashley that I was going out with Joseph and she double dog dared me to hold his hand...at this point I wasn't even sure I liked Joseph but I could never back down from a double dog dare, needless to say as soon as he sat down next to me I grabbed his hand--according to Joseph he thought that was "super hot" and I credit Ashley for the fact that he asked me out that night!!
3. We started dating May 25, 2005, got engaged September 17, 2005, and got married January 7, 2006!
4. The way Joseph proposed was by having my family lug me to Dillon Beach for a "family vacation"...long story short he was there dressed as a pirate--we were HUGE pirates of the carribbean fans--I followed a treasure map to where he was, climbed over huge rocks out to the rock that was furthest out into the water, and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! BLEW MY MIND! Of course I said yes!
5. We honeymooned for a week in a cute little cottage at Dillon Beach, my favorite story from our honeymoon is that we went to visit the Point Reyes lighthouse--if you're not familiar with it there's about 300 stairs leading down to the actual lighthouse--we walked down looked around for a minute and for some reason decided to race back to the top...mind you we were both in much better shape then than we are now...we collapsed about 2/3's of the way up and died laughing everyone around us thought we were crazy--but we were oblivious...
We have always had so much fun together...I always say we ended up together because we out-flirted, out-smarted, and out-crazied eachother--and we had never met anyone else that could...I'm so glad I met and married my perfect match!
Love you Joseph!!!!

3 comments:

Liesl said...

You guys are too cute! Love the picture!

Kristen said...

This blog is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever read. I love you guys - and yes, you are completely perfect for each other!

Lisa said...

What cute memories. Happy Anniversary!