Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Honey Lake Races

This weekend we went to Honey Lake to see Cole race! Honey Lake is between Reno and Shasta--it's in California but you go into Nevada to get there...so confusing for me! My family has been racing almost every weekend doing these National races since Cole is getting so fast and Joe and I decided we would join them this time! They pull a trailer and everyone sleeps inside and Joe and I took our tent to set up in their camp. We left on Friday after work but by the time we ended up getting on our way and picking up Caitlin it was around 7pm. Not to long after leaving we hit snow...apparently not so bad that we needed chains but bad enough that we could hardly see the road! Needless to say I am a California girl and have never driven in the snow! Had Joseph not been driving I would've turned around and gone home! We got to Honey Lake around 11:30pm not only was it dark and freezing but Joe and I still needed to set up our tent! Luckily it didn't take too long and we were quickly sleeping in our cozy tent! Saturday morning I woke to the sound of rain hitting our tent and peaked outside to so SNOW! Yes, it was really truly snowing on us! Needless to say we froze all day, but we had an awesome time! Cole, Ty, and Alex raced on Saturday. Ryan's race was on Sunday. Practice starts at 8am and the races start at 9am.





Mommie's truck Saturday Morning! It snowed all day long! You can't tell as much in the pictures but our tent had this much snow on it too!

Cole was going to check on what practice they were on He, Ty, and Alex were all the same practice #7.

The whole set up...our tent is in the left corner!

The view of all the trailers from the bleachers. We walked up to the bleachers to watch at least 10 times a day!

The whole track! It was huge....up at the top there's a huge hill that goes straight up and straight back down. It was incredible to watch!

Unfortunately Cole crashed in his Main and ended up not finishing...He was supposed to have two races on Sunday but ended up not feeling well enough to race. Not only did he go down but he was ran over in the process! (I didn't even take any pictures of him riding becuase I figured I'd get some on Sunday when it wasn't so cold) Ryan was the only one that raced on Sunday--so we were up again for practice at 8am and the races started at 9am. He crashed in his Heat race and broke his shoulder! So we packed up and headed home early! Quite an exciting weekend I'd have to say! Joseph and I had a great time though! It was super fun to be out there with all the boys and my family!




No comments: