Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You might be the mother of new born twins if....

Your refrigerator looks like this!

The boys today in their onsies from Auntie Caitlin! We went to the doctors to have them weighed yesterday to make sure they are still gaining weigt...Walker is 5 pounds 2 ounces and Brayden is 4 pounds 13.5 ounces! They are doing so good and getting so big! They are eating every four hours and I have started nursing them at the same time! Because they are still so little they don't get enough milk from nursing so I pump when I am done nursing and we feed them bottles as well! It takes about an hour and a half to two hours to get them fed and back to sleep and then I have to pump so we are not getting too much sleep but we are loving every single minute with the boys! Joseph is such great help during the night and and basically just all the time! He is a great Dad! The boys are so sweet and I feel so blessed to have them home and healthy and growing!

6 comments:

Camber Casper said...

I am tired just thinking about having newborn twins! I thought one was a lot of work...enjoy it, they grow up way to fast. My baby just started standing, it makes me so sad! They are too cute I can't get over it!

Ali said...

Oh Kira - they are precious! And soo tiny! Way to go on being able to feed them both - that is awesome! Can't wait to see you guys!

In a nut shell... said...

I LOVE the onzies! You should get them shirts like that for every age. ;)

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Ok Kira, they are beautiful! I know i just have one, but I totally understand some of your pumping woes!! No fun. I did great with Bentley at first but then he got a milk allergy and I couldn't breast feed him for a month and a half but I pumped through it for the month and a half but lost most of my milk so for the next few months I had to pump after each feeding and several times through the night... ugh. But at least I'm only doing if for one baby! But they're so worth it! I hope you're getting some sleep.... just keep in mind that they get so much faster at eating within a couple months and your milk will be up so hopefully you won't have to pump! You're awesome kira!

Carolyn G said...

I'm so happy for you guys! After a while you will get more sleep, I promise! The boys are adorable.

cambridgeclan said...

Way to go with all that milk. You and your boys look great. You can always get sleep later on in life:)