Monday, July 12, 2010

Best Pumpkin Muffins Ever!

So I know it's kind of the wrong season for making things with Pumpkin, but I got some on clearance the other day and have been wanting to use it!
I absolutely love pumpkin...I found this recipe for muffins a few years back from this website and have been making them ever since! The recipe makes a huge amount of muffins--I made some on Monday and did half of the batter in my crockpot, to make sort of a pumpkin loaf...and used the rest of it yesterday to make 27 muffins! Anyways it's so yummy I thought I should share!

PUMPKIN MUFFINS

3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger

Mix dry ingredients and add:

1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Prepare muffin tins by greasing with vegetable oil or butter and sprinkling lightly with flour. Shake out excess.

Fill muffin tins three-quarters full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

I bake mine for exactly 20 minutes and they turn out great!
They are also equally delicious when you add some chocolate chips!
Happy Baking!

No comments: