Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mother's Day Crafts


I've been meaning to post these for a while now...I made our Mother's Day Pressents this year and felt so good about saving money and giving gifts that were more meaningful! I made both of our moms canvas' with pictures on them and made a washer necklace for Joseph's mom and picture blocks for my mom(which I don't have a pic of)!

The washer necklace idea came from here

it's been done on probably every craft blog out there but I really liked this one! Just an FYI for anyone wanting to make washer necklaces get aluminum washers--anything else is really hard to stamp, everybody blogs about them being so easy but just buying normal washers are way too hard to stamp hence aluminum washers are apparently the way to go...unfortunately for me I found this out too late!


This picture canvas was my idea, I bought the canvas on clearance at Target and just painted over it, added the pictures and bought the letters for $.99 at Target as well! I love the way it turned out, I also made one for my mom with her other Grandkids on it as well!

The idea for photo blocks is here

They turned out super cute, I painted them blue for my mom and did black and white pics on them, I'll get a pic asap!

One other thing I made recently for the boys are these awesome no sew capes
they literally took me five minutes to make both, and the boys love them! They came from old shirts of Josephs! They're a little big for now--I've been searching for small Superman shirts at thrift stores so they can be real super hero capes!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So cute- all of it!