Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Plans!

We are so enjoying this summer weather!

I have come to realize that my life is a lot easier with 2 two year olds when I have specific plans for our days!

I found this blog that has amazing "staycation" ideas for summer. She has a theme for each day and plans everything out in advance!!

Following her lead I made a three month calendar for the boys with a different activity everyday...last week was the first week on our calendar and it was wonderful! It was so nice to wake up in the morning and know what are plans were for the day!

Here's a little peak at what we're doing:

Monday is OUTSIDE DAY--this week we are going to the park and taking a picnic!

Tuesday is PRESCHOOL or LEARNING DAY--we either attend Summer Preschool with my mom aka Miss Cindy or do something educational at home! This week we're going to Superhero day at Preschool.

Wednesday is LIBRARY DAY--Our library has awesome toys right now and the boys love to hang out there while I go through the children's books.

Thursday is FIELD TRIP DAY--This week we're going to Folsom Zoo--we got passes for the boys bday!

Friday is WATER DAY--This week we are setting up our mini pool and practicing pouring!

Saturday we are doing day trips as a family--This week we have cousins in town from Idaho so we're not too sure what we'll be doing yet!

I've decided I need to take more pictures this summer and blog more, so I'll be trying to post everyday this week about what we're doing!

Hope you're having as fun of a summer as we are!
And of course a few pictures of what we'll be doing this summer...

Relaxing with our daddie...having lazy afternoons!



Playing on our $5 slip-n-slide!


Smothering...I mean Loving our sweet kitty!



And Potty Training!! Wish us Luck!!



BTW--we had Joseph's bday party tonight combined with Cole's--Cole's bday is tomorrow and Joseph's is on Wednesday. I made this cute penguin cake for Joseph, he requested it and I had fun making it--I think it's my favorite one I've made yet!

1 comment:

NatMo said...

That penguin is soooo cute! Happy birthday to Joseph. And GOOD LUCK with the potty training. If you stay happy about it, they will, too...Miss singing with you...